The Planning and Zoning Board holds public hearings pertaining to planning and zoning in Greene County. As an advisory board to the County Commission, the Planning Board reviews zoning petitions and amendments to the zoning regulations. The Planning Board also advises the Board of Zoning Adjustment concerning conditional use permits.
- Six of the board members are appointed by the Greene County Commission.
- One seat is also taken by the Greene County Highway Administrator, as designated by State Statute.
- A member of the Greene County Commission also sits on the Planning Board on a rotating basis.
- Appointees are paid a nominal monthly attendance fee.
- Appointments are made for a three-year term, which can be repeated until the member is reappointed by the Commission.
- Appointees must be a residents of unincorporated Greene County.
- Planning Board meeting are held at 7:00 pm on the third Tuesday of each month (excluding holidays) in Room 212 of the Historic Courthouse.
**Please let us know if you submit an application and/or get appointed to this board.